07 June 2013

XiaoFei

So there's more people that I work with of course. My most senior colleague is a few years younger than me. When I first started, she was the only one who spoke English and so we were made to work together on everything.

Sophie is very introvert. It wasn't until I signed up for QQ, and started reading her daily status updates that I understood more about her. She might be sitting at her desk, working really hard, while on QQ she warns us that today she has a very low mood. Don't talk to me! Sometimes her character flips. She becomes a warm person. Children do this trick, her face turns into a big smile, and they all love her.

XiaoFei, or Sophie in English has more responsibilities than all of us together. Having been working there for two years she is more experienced, more seasoned, more confident than anyone else. A recent leadership training has given her even more confidence. She can now take final decisions, something very rare in our work culture where our boss decides almost everything.

XiaoFei written with slightly different characters means 'responsible spending'. A perfect name for someone working in financial literacy.

No comments: