30 May 2013

More friends at work

My best buddy at work is Peipei, I usually call her pipi. She came to work and live in Shanghai after Chinese new year, all alone.

We always talk a lot, first of all we need to work together a lot, Peipei is very curious and extravert, and seeing her always makes me laugh. She is a living animation. One day she looked up from her computer and declared me very brave to leave everything behind and come to Shanghai. She asked to see a picture of Godert, he must be very attractive to follow him so far, she said.

Peipei always has a story that's she's dying to tell: they were in a concert with friends, and their picture was shown on the big screen behind the band. She was with her friend from high school and they drank Lambrusco until 5 in the morning. All her best friends are getting married or pregnant. She is the only one who is single. Her mother tried to send her on a date again with a boy from home. Her friend sent her a coffee machine, when she drank from it she couldn't sleep.

Peipei also always has pictures to show, usually pictures that she took of herself in strange positions, or pictures of her breakfast, or places in town that she's been to with friends.

Every Monday when we discuss our weekend, she's always been with friends who cook for her, I tease her that she never cooks herself. One day she made me sesame porridge. I had told her I really hate it, and she wanted to prove me wrong. It tasted better because she stirred it with such an effort.

Next week her parents are coming to visit her in Shanghai. Her mother has made her new sheets from their homegrown cotton. I hope they're proud of their daughter.



No comments: